A handsome detached house in a lovely village within a 25 minute drive from York
Entrance and staircase hall, sitting room, kitchen/dining/living room, study, utility room, WC.
Master bedroom with en suite bathroom, 2 further bedrooms with en suite shower rooms, bedroom 4, house bathroom
Double garage, parking for 3 cars, front and rear gardens
Freehold for sale
Foxcote, West Lilling, York YO60 6RP
Foxcote stands facing open country at the edge of a pretty Howardian Hills village. Constructed to a high standard in 2016, this detached house has been maintained to the very highest standard with upgrades throughout. It enjoys a lovely setting and open outlook with a south facing garden and superb views toward Sheriff Hutton Castle and York Minster. West Lilling lies in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty just north of York and less than half an hour’s drive from the city centre.
• Light and spacious modern family house with rooms of generous proportion
• Magnificent kitchen/dining/living room with French doors opening on to the lovely stone garden terrace and stunning views across open fields - ideal for entertaining
• Contemporary Shaker kitchen, skilfully fitted and attractively designed with a large island and breakfast bar and Hans Grohe Axor tap
• Sitting room of elegant proportions with a multi-fuel stove, French doors open on to the terrace and delightful views across the garden to the pastures and woodland beyond
• Stylish, bright and contemporary interiors with engineered hardwood floorboards and stone flooring throughout the ground floor
• Underfloor heating throughout the entire ground floor
• Study that can also serve as a separate dining room
• Spacious open utility room with easy access to the garden and garage; generous amount of storage, separate space for washer and dryer, large utility sink, coat rack, and adjacent cloak room
• Four good sized bedrooms, all with picturesque views
• Oversized master bedroom can comfortably fit a super king bed and furnishings; Beautifully appointed 5 piece en-suite
• High specification bathroom fittings; underfloor heating in all bathrooms, stone tiling, rain showers and Bluetooth mirror cabinets
• Crucial Trading Berber carpets on the first floor
• Loft offers potential to create second floor living space
• Hot water cylinder with impressive 295 litre capacity
• 7 years remaining on the 10 year building warranty
• York’s Vanguard Shopping Park (John Lewis) can be reached in little more than 15 minutes and a local store lies a mile away
• Chain free sale
On your approach you are welcomed by a Portuguese laurel hedge surrounding the frontage of this elegant home. A gravelled drive leads to the detached double garage with turning area and parking for up to three cars. A garden gate opens to a passageway that runs alongside the western elevation of the house giving access to the utility room and rear garden beyond. The south facing rear garden is predominantly laid to lawn and well screened by a Photinia hedge and high fence. A wonderful paved terrace sweeps around the entire rear elevation of the house creating a superb space for al fresco dining and entertaining. There are floodlight sensors and outdoor electrical outlets.
Alongside the garage is a 5-bar gate behind which lies a paddock of some 0.8 acres, fully fenced and with mature trees on the eastern boundary. This land is available strictly by separate negotiation.
Sheriff Hutton 1 mile, York 10 miles, Easingwold 9 miles, Malton 11 miles, Leeds 33 miles. (Distances approximate)
West Lilling is a picturesque Ryedale village that lies north of York, close to the Castle Howard Estate and Sheriff Hutton where there is a highly rated village primary school, church, post office/general store, garage, two public houses and Quarmbys, a superb tea room/deli. Terrington Preparatory School is a 15 minute drive away. York railway station lies ten miles to the south with its regular railway service to London taking 1¾ hours at best.
Mains water and electricity, mains drainage, gas-fired central heating (Propane) and hot water.
Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Heading from Flaxton, Foxcote can be found on the left hand side just as you enter the village (eastern end).
Photographs & particulars