Impressive, high specification residence with private, south facing gardens in one of the most prestigious residential locations in Leeds
Entrance and reception hall, cloakroom wc, 3 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, sun room, boiler room
Master bedroom suite with dressing room and shower room, 6 further bedrooms, 3 further bathrooms (2 en suite)
Double garage, gardens
In all some ¾ acre
The Quillet, 22 Bracken Park, Scarcroft, Leeds LS14 3HZ
Scarcroft is a prestigious location in suburban Leeds, some say the most prestigious in Yorkshire, and Bracken Park takes centre stage as one of the city’s most sought after residential corners. The Quillet is an imposing stone house that has the advantage of an exclusive, private setting with carriage driveway and delightful, south facing gardens.
• Large, versatile, detached house of 4334 sq ft plus garage, arranged over three floors
• Private, leafy setting and wonderful south westerly elevation to the rear
• High specification fixtures and fittings throughout
• Grand reception hall with porcelain tiled floor and large galleried landing
• Formal dining room with a traditional open fireplace, and double French doors leading on to the garden terrace
• Large 28 ft family kitchen breakfast room with French doors opening south on to the gardens beyond. This superb Jeremy Wood kitchen has marble work surfaces, a central island unit, built-in bar area with wine cooler, and a range of integrated appliances including an electric AGA, Miele oven, fridge, freezer and dishwasher. The utility room has a continuation of the Jeremy Wood units with marble work surfaces.
• The sun room has floor to ceiling glazing overlooking the magnificent gardens
• Further versatile ground floor space includes the elegantly proportioned sitting room and large living room with stone inset fireplace providing provision for a wood burning stove and set of double French doors to the rear.
• Impressive master suite with double aspect, walk-in wardrobe and en suite bathroom
• Versatile second floor space which could be used as bedroom space or as an office, games room, teenage suite or au pair annexe
• High convenient and accessible location just outside Leeds and within the much coveted Golden Triangle.
The house is set back behind a high laurel hedge and generous area of lawn. A gated carriage drive sweeps in front of the house to a large, detached double garage with electric doors. This generous paved area provides ample parking for numerous vehicles. To the rear is a large south west facing garden predominantly laid to lawn with a variety of mature trees, shrubs and plants providing good screening and complete privacy from neighbours. A handsome terrace lined with flower beds runs the length of the house, and broad stone steps descend gently to the sweeping lawns. In all, the grounds amount to 0.79 acre.
Leeds city centre 6 miles, Wetherby 6 miles, A1M 6 miles, Leeds Bradford Airport 11 miles, Harrogate 12 miles, York 21 miles. (Distances approximate)
Scarcroft is an upmarket village in a fashionable residential area of suburban Leeds surrounded by parkland and woodland just north east of the City Centre. Bracken Park itself lies at the edge of the village, ideally placed for access to the Golden Triangle of Leeds, York and Harrogate. The nearby environs and suburbs of Shadwell, Moortown and Alwoodley offer a range of high quality amenities, including cafes, restaurants and tennis clubs. This is probably the golfing centre of Yorkshire with six golf courses lying within the vicinity. Excellent schooling lies close at hand including three private schools, with Leeds Grammar School being a ten minutes’ drive.
Services: All mains services. Gas-fired central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: items mentioned in these particulars are included. Other items may be available separately.
Local authority: City of Leeds 0113 222 4444
Directions: From Syke Lane heading west to Wetherby Road/A58, look out for the sign and turn right into Bracken Park. Go past the first right hand turning, and No. 22 is the second property on the right hand side.