Luxurious country house with extensive landscaped gardens and grounds.
Reception hall, living/dining kitchen, sitting room, study, utility room, boot room, shower room
Master suite with balcony, 5 further bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, substantial games room/additional reception room
Triple garage with gym and separate shower above, tennis court, greenhouse, summerhouse, landscaped gardens and grounds, kitchen garden, pond
In all about 2.46 acres
Hightrees, Pottery Lane, Littlethorpe, Ripon, North Yorkshire HG4 3LS
This striking country house was constructed in 2016 to exacting standards with versatile, well-planned accommodation and energy efficiency at the forefront of its design. Bordering open countryside in attractively landscaped mature gardens and grounds of 2½ acres, Hightrees enjoys a glorious setting on the edge of the perenially popular village of Littlethorpe.
• Contemporary country house on a grand scale - over 7000 sq ft of luxurious accommodation
• Grand approach and imposing drive over an historic bridge
• Sits within its own gardens and grounds with a fine open outlook to the rear
• Well screened and private
• Underfloor heating throughout the principal house; superb fixtures and fittings.
• The three principal reception rooms are accessed via the grand reception hall
• Magnificent, 31 ft, open plan kitchen living room with bespoke cabinetry by Grove House Interiors, island/breakfast bar, ample space for a dining table, sliding doors to the gardens and separate sitting area.
• The formal sitting room has direct access to the terrace and gardens
• Above the garage is a home gym with separate shower room
• The master bedroom suite includes a fully fitted dressing room, luxurious en suite bathroom and doors onto a large balcony with far reaching views beyond a glass balustrade.
• Two bedrooms are serviced by a house bathroom at the far end of the landing, ideal for guests.
• Air source heating with a heat recovery system and rainwater harvesting both of which help to create an energy efficiency rating of B.
• Well landscaped gardens and grounds with an open outlook.
Electric gates give access to a long private drive over a bespoke dry stone walled purpose-built character bridge that sweeps in front of the house to the attached triple garage. The landscaped gardens and grounds are extensive, some 2.46 acres in total. To the front of the plot is a pretty wildflower meadow with all-weather tennis court, summer house and pond. A footbridge leads back over the beck to the generous front lawn adjacent to the drive. The lawn continues round to the rear of the property where there is a sunken paved sun terrace directly off the kitchen and sitting room with gas fire pit and plenty of space for entertaining. To the far rear boundary of the south facing plot there is a kitchen garden screened by mature planting.
Ripon 2 miles, Harrogate 12 miles, A1M 8 miles, Leeds 28 miles, Leeds Bradford Airport 22 miles, York 30 miles. (Distances approximate)
Littlethorpe is a small, rural village with a church and village hall, situated some two miles south of Ripon and convenient for the A61 Harrogate/Ripon road offering rapid access to the A1 and A19 via the Ripon bypass. The nearby historic cathedral city of Ripon, on the edge of the Yorkshire Dales, has an extensive array of shops and facilities and the much coveted Ripon Grammar School, currently ‘Outstanding in all areas’.
Services: Mains water and electricity is installed. Private drainage. Air source heating.
Local Authority: Harrogate District of North Yorkshire
Tenure: Freehold with vacant possession
Directions: Proceed towards the village and the property is located on the left hand side of the lane.