Recently restored and renovated barn conversion of nearly 1900sq ft with glorious interiors.
Entrance lobby and staircase hall, sitting room, kitchen with dining area, utility cupboard, master bedroom with en suite bathroom, 3 further bedrooms, house bathroom
Garden, terrace, parking area for 4 cars, garden shed
Prospect Lodge, York Road, Naburn, York YO19 4PR
Skilfully converted from a lovely old barn some four years ago, this wonderful detached house is deceptively spacious with high ceilings and generous room sizes on the ground floor. The building successfully retains the integrity of the original period structure, and character features abound alongside the contemporary, high spec interiors. This is a house that has to be viewed to appreciate its true value.
• Detached house with accommodation of nearly 1900 sq ft arranged over two floors
• Appealing setting off the village road along a leafy drive
• Character features include: exposed beams, vaulted ceilings, original exposed brickwork, reclaimed mantel and bricks forming the fireplace, patio clay tiles.
• High specification features and finishes include: underfloor heating in the kitchen, hall and all bathrooms; multiple bespoke fitted bedroom wardrobes; internal glazed doors, hardwood cottage doors and composite stable entrance door; high quality bathroom fixtures and fittings and pressurized water pump, bespoke double glazed timber sash windows.
• Dramatic and well proportioned sitting room with high vaulted ceiling, feature multi-fuel stove and Velux windows
• Splendid family kitchen and dining room space with a high vaulted ceiling and bi-fold doors opening on to the garden terrace
• Bespoke kitchen with island, solid wood worktops, double butler sink, Range cooker, built-in dishwasher, tiled floor and mood lighting. Alongside is a large and very useful utility cupboard.
• Master bedroom has an en suite shower room with rainshower system
• Skillfully designed, 44 ft first floor space currently arranged as a bedroom, home office (fast broadband speeds), playroom and store room
• Plentiful storage throughout the house, ideal for a young family
• Private off street parking for four cars, sheltered and lawned area, patio, garden shed
• Three ground floor bedrooms and a low maintenance garden
• Superb village location close to the city, ringroad and motorway access
City of York 4 miles, A64 2 miles, York Designer Outlet 3 miles, Leeds 20 miles. (Distances approximate)
The village of Naburn lies just south of York on the eastern banks of the river Ouse; a haven for boating enthusiasts it has a waterfront café bar, a pub, an ‘Outstanding’ primary school and is on a bus route. It also lies within the catchment of ‘Outstanding’ Fulford Secondary School. The village is popular with commuters looking for cycle routes into the City and proximity to York Railway Station from where London Kings Cross can be reached in under two hours. The nearby A64 trunk road provides rapid access to the A9, A1M and beyond to Leeds.
Mains electricity, water and drainage.
Fixtures and fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as curtains, light fittings, etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
City of York 01904 551550
Directions: Approaching Naburn from York, continue past Front Street and on your left, denoted by a For Sale board, you will see a drive. Turn down the drive and Prospect Lodge is the second house on the left.
Photographs and particulars: October 2019
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.