An irresistible country cottage near Malton with wonderful views over open countryside.
Entrance lobby, hall, sitting room, snug, kitchen/dining/living room, pantry, utility room. 2 bedrooms, house bathroom.
Master bedroom with en suite shower room, single bedroom 4
Holly Cottage, Low Hutton, Huttons Ambo, Malton YO60 7HF
This delightful stone cottage dates from the 1850s and enjoys a sheltered and private setting at the far end of the village with country views from the garden and all principal rooms. The current owners have renovated, remodelled and adapted the house to suit family life. This is a much-loved home; it has integrity and is steeped in character and imaginatively designed.
• Versatile accommodation arranged over two floors
• Well-proportioned sitting room with a magnificent open fireplace, connected to the snug and yet apart. Each room has the advantage of a distinct identity and function.
• Large kitchen/dining/living room designed for family life. The glazed, oak-framed extension has double doors opening to the south facing garden. It has the original flag stones, a huge wood-burning stove, cooking Range, double Butler sink and fitted kitchen units with island. Adjacent are a useful pantry and utility room
• Adaptable accommodation: of the two ground floor bedrooms, one is currently used as a playroom but would serve well as comfortable double bedroom or a home office
• The captivating child’s bedroom on the first floor has an entrance disguised as a wardrobe, evoking the magical worlds of CS Lewis and JK Rowling
• Charming master bedroom suite with exposed roof joists and French doors opening to the roof terrace/balcony designed to enjoy views across the garden and countryside beyond
• Lightwells bring natural daylight to areas of the house
• Plentiful storage options
• Perfect southerly orientation
• A discreet and well screened property adjacent to open countryside
• In the Howardian Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
• Rapid access to York, the A64/A1M and beyond
Large wrought iron gates give access to the main entrance of the house with a gravelled parking bay for two cars. The garden, which faces south, is fully enclosed by a grassy bank and timber fencing. Predominantly laid to lawn with mature shrubs and trees, it has colourful, deep borders tracing the line of the fence, a timber shed and elevated decking. Enjoying all day sunshine, this garden is a private space enjoying uninterrupted country views.
York 13 miles, Malton 3 miles. (Distances approximate)
Huttons Ambo consists of the villages of High Hutton and Low Hutton, the latter being the larger village that sits on the gentle slopes of an attractive stretch of wooded valley at the foot of the Howardian Hills. This traditional, rural village has a church, village hall, small shop and pedestrian suspension bridge, and lies between the river Derwent and the A64. Neighbouring Malton is a handsome Georgian market town which has gained national recognition as Yorkshire’s Food Capital. It has its own railway station providing a regular service to Scarborough and linking to the mainline service at York. The Vangarde Shopping Park/John Lewis is usually reached in twenty minutes by car and there is a choice of good nearby schools, primary and secondary, state and independent.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage. Storage heaters.
Fixtures and fittings
Carpets are included. Other items, including freestanding kitchen furniture etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local Authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Directions: The house lies at the far southern end of Low Hutton, on the right hand side past the village shop, as denoted by the Blenkin & Co For Sale sign.
Photographs and particulars dated: October 2019