Detached and double fronted family house with gardens and garage, enjoying a popular village location near Pickering with good access to Malton, York and beyond.
Entrance and staircase hall, wc, sitting room, dining room, kitchen breakfast room
4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 en suites)
Potential 5th bedroom on the 3rd floor
Garden, garage, off street parking for multiple cars.
High House, 7 Thornton View, Thornton le Dale, Pickering, North Yorkshire YO18 7BG
Built some eleven years ago, High House is a double fronted, stone built house situated in a quiet corner of one of the Ryedale’s most popular villages. Enjoying plenty of natural light and with a layout designed for modern family life, this stylish house has been beautifully maintained.
• 2308 sq ft with 2 reception rooms, 4 double bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Immaculately presented and ready for immediate occupation
• Underfloor heating throughout, high spec wiring and excellent decorative order
• Well designed layout with rooms of generous size and proportions
• Patio doors in the sitting room and breakfast room both open on to the paved terrace, ideal for al fresco dining.
• Wood burning stove in the sitting room
• Spacious family kitchen with lots of storage, fitted appliances, range style cooker and American style fridge freezer
• Stylish modern bathrooms
• Bedroom 3 is currently used as a very successful home office with bespoke office furniture and ample electrical sockets. The broadband connection is very good.
• South east facing garden, predominantly lawned and with a large patio, side vegetable garden with greenhouse, shed, log store and amenity space. All is well screened and bounded by a high hedge and timber fence.
• Lapsed planning permission for bedroom, office and shower room in the roof space
• Short walk to the shops and facilities of Thornton le Dale
Pickering 2½ miles, Malton 8 miles, Kirkbymoorside 10 miles, Helmsley 15 miles, Scarborough 15 miles, York 27 miles. (Distances approximate)
Thornton le Dale lies on the southern fringe of the North York Moors and is one of the most picturesque villages in North Yorkshire. It has a thriving community and a range of superb amenities including pubs, primary school, bakers, chemist, independent shops, cafes and restaurants. Local sports amenities include cricket, football, squash and a bowling green. There are high performing state and private schools in the area, and the nearby market town of Pickering with its castle, North York Moors railway and superb dining opportunities provide all the attractions of an established market town.
There is easy road access via the A64 to York, Leeds and the motorway network. From Malton are rail connections on the main East Coast line to London/Scotland from York where trains reach Kings Cross in 1 hour 45 minutes. Bus transport connects to Scarborough, Whitby, York, Leeds, Tadcaster and Sutton Bank.
Services: All mains services, including gas.
Local Authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Directions: From Pickering, turn right into Roxby Road at the bottom of the hill into the village. Take the first right into Castlegarth and then right into Castle Close. Follow the road into Thornton View. The house is located in the top left corner
For more photos and details regarding this property visit www.blenkinandco.com
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.