Newstead Grange, Easingwold, York
Newstead Grange, Thirsk Road, Easingwold, York YO61 3NH
Handsome and substantial Victorian house set in an acre, close to Easingwold
Principal house: vestibule, entrance and staircase hall, cloakroom wc, 5 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room, pantry, 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 cellar rooms
Office, double garage, gardens
Freehold for sale
Newstead Grange is a detached Victorian house standing amidst an acre of garden with the Kilburn White Horse visible on the distant hillside of the North York Moors. The versatile accommodation allows for a self-contained annexe integral to the main house with its own staircase, making an ideal space for multi-generational living. Attached on the western elevation of the property is a very useful home office with independent access as well as an open double garage.
• Detached family house offering generous accommodation of nearly 4000 sq ft
• Abundance of period features including fireplaces, cornicing and plasterwork, stripped old pine doors, patterned ceramic floor tiles, and a wide closed-string staircase with a sturdy newel post.
• Elegantly proportioned rooms on both floors with high ceilings and deep sash windows
• Fitted country kitchen with Aga, space for a family-sized kitchen table and large pantry alongside
• Five elegantly proportioned reception rooms
• Potential for an integral, self-contained two bedroom annexe
• Contemporary bathrooms fittings
• Cellars divided into two rooms offer scope
• Office linked but separate from the main house providing ideal home working
• Planning permission granted for a separate triple garage
Set in a rural location, the property is accessed through electric gates that open to a drive with ample space for parking and turning, and a double garage with power and light. The garden wraps around the house and is mainly laid to lawn with scattered mature trees and shrubs; the whole amounts to just under one acre and is enclosed by a mature mixed hedge.
Easingwold 3 miles, Thirsk 7 miles, A1M 10 miles, York 14 miles, Harrogate 20 miles. (Distances approximate)
Newstead Grange is conveniently situated off the A19 between York and Thirsk. The popular market town of Easingwold with its shops, restaurants, golf club and schools lies close by and there are railway stations in both Thirsk and York connecting to London Kings Cross. Cundall Manor School, a coeducational private school, is six miles away and York is home to several excellent private schools.
Services: Mains water and electricity. Private drainage. Oil central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Hambleton District Council www.hambleton.gov.uk 01609 779977
Directions: Coming from the direction of York, Newstead Grange sits on a single track road on the left, on the corner of Thirsk Road A19 and New Road just opposite the road sign, which is about three miles north of Easingwold
Photographs and particulars: March 2021
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.